Thursday, January 25, 2007

TIME: The ENEMY


TIME: The ENEMY
Originally uploaded by linfrye.
After a week traveling across the state, a return to a 14 hour day, a return to an hour of aerobics after a two-week sitting stint, phone calls, students, distractions at the B&B, dinner after 8:30 PM, my watercolor practice was so pitiful and interrupted, that I finally succombed to my constant enemy -- TIME. By 9:30 I was bleary-eyed, frustrated and irritable -- and called it quits for the night.

I left the kitchen table (site of the only high-wattage lighting), got into PJs, slid under a warm, electric blanket, and sans contact lenses, sketched my enemy.

I'm going to have to find a way to practice newly acquired 'watercolor aha moments' so I don't lose momentum (or memory!! LOL) in a way that also permits all the intense obligations of this away from home worklife. I didn't find it yesterday.

I'm hoping for a glimmer of an idea today.

4 comments:

Karen Sandstrom said...

I know what you mean, Lin. But the idea will come. (It always does, eventually.) Nice watch sketch.

Teri said...

Perfect sketch for a lady with no time. SLOW DOWN my friend and smell those beautiful roses you always paint.

Anonymous said...

My goodness -- without contacts? Is this what we call a "blind contour"? LOL Looks great.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! What a busy life. I don't know how you do it. Time is my nemesis too but I'm trying to find a way to find my peace with it. Do you ever ask yourself if it's good for you to keep a commitment to draw and post every day, along with commenting on everyone else's posts too? I've started posting a little less often instead of forcing myself to draw and post even when I'm exhausted. It was turning into a job and I already have one of those.