Monday, April 06, 2009

Duke Duck


Duke Duck
Originally uploaded by linfrye
While waiting for my hand-made sketchbooks to be bound (getting my journals ready for Italy!), C and I paid a quick visit to Duke Gardens. Our time was limited, so we walked swifty, snapping tons of photos in the beautiful spring weather. We were joined by quite a few other photo-takers.... and by the time we left (45 minutes later), the parking lot was full!

I sketched this yesterday to the sound of C and his friends rocking the house with their music! Though I sat outdoors and attempted a sketch of my flowering quince, apparently my muse decided she'd rather inspire the boys ... LOL

It's off to work and an administrator retreat,,,

We've a bit of cooler, wetter weather for the early part of this week - even a bit of a freeze predicted. With tulips and trees and all sorts of flowers blooming, we're hoping the ground has warmed enough to keep them alive through the worst of this ...

Have a great week!

6 comments:

Patti G. said...

Hello Lin my friend!
Duke is fabulous as are the watercolors below. I want to sit in the rocks with the flowers and take it all in! :0)
I am hoping your week goes well and I am sending hugs for you and the family!!!!!
Your watercolors are just amazing dear one!
Hugs,Patti

caseytoussaint said...

Beautiful work, as usual! Did you use watercolor pencils to do the grass?

Joan said...

Super scene!!!! Great colors in the duck, the water, and the foliage. It is always a joy to see your art!

Sandy said...

Lin, lovely posts as always, so serene and soft . Have a great week!

Teresa said...

Oh, Lin, this is lovely! You should include more birds (animals?) in your art! Great job!

Teri said...

Love the play of light in here Lin. Such a pretty scene.