Monday, April 27, 2009

Wisteria Challenge


Wisteria Challenge
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Bill's Challenge (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorus_maver/3468205542/) was DEFINITELY a challenge. I decided to give this an impressionistic/abstract approach and leave out the complex detailing that made this even more difficult! LOL

It's going to be in the 90s again today, and already it's been a 'Monday'... my Internet server at home was down and there's a truckload of meetings ahead of me ...

Mercy ... at any rate -- have a great day -- I'm dashing yet again!

4 comments:

Joan said...

Lin - I LOVE this one and the olives below it!!! This has such wonderful color and looseness to it. I would love to see the olives larger to see how the colors blended wet-into-wet! Too bad these images don't come up bigger. I can't wait to see what you do in Italy!!

Anonymous said...

It's lovely Lin and bravo for your continued pursuit of "looseness" in your painting. I have to admit that I love your detailed paintings best but that doesn't take away from the beauty of this one. I just admire so much your talent with all type of painting.
Hugs and try to take it easy in the heat.
Lorraine

Carole said...

Lin, this is GORGEOUS! I love wisteria, and you've absolutely caught its spirit!

Teri said...

This is my abdolute favorite to date!!! It is so beautiful!!!!!