Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Flowering Quince


Flowering Quince
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

The quince in my garden is in full bloom .... and on one side of the house, the quince is this wonderful peachy-pink; across the drive, the other quince is a magenta-pink -- wonderful eye-candy!

I tried to sketch this shrub plein air on Sunday; but it turned out too poor to post! LOL So I thought I'd give it another attempt ...

Temps didn't plummet as cold as predicted last night; so our flowers look like they survived the worst of it. Time now to turn our attention to the garden and putting in some of the plants our students have been growing.

I've created a power-point presentation for 'small space gardening' for our Arboretum web viewers:
http://www.johnstoncc.edu/Arboretum/
scroll a bit toward the middle of the page. I used my own gardens for this presentation ... enjoy it! We'll be using this for the school's earthday festival at the end of the month.

I do hope to get outdoors this weekend for some gardening and another plein air attempt. Weather should be much warmer than today!

4 comments:

Teri said...

Your play of light is so wonderful Lin. This is beautiful.

Joan said...

The quince is beautiful!! I love the colors, the lights, and the harmoneous background. I'm going to check the website photos when I finish looking at the blogs I check regularly.

Anonymous said...

What beautiful colors Lin and the detail on the foreground flowers is wonderful. I also love the muted flowers in the background. Brr. We've had two nights down to 29; supposed to warm up this week.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teresa said...

Oh Lin, this is gorgeous! What colors! And the soft, flowy background. A super job my friend!