Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Gaura


Gaura
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Plein Air

Our Internet connection at the office has been down since yesterday afternoon, so I'm posting this in transit. Until we get our servers back, I'll be scarce ...sigh.

This is one of the flowering perennials we planted in our new garden this weekend. Those pretty pink spikes of flowers will continue to open up the spike as the maroon buds open over time. I love how airy this looks when the wind blows!

It's going to be in the 90s again today -- pretty hot this early in the season ... It seems summer is almost here ... and to tell the truth, I'm still thinking spring!

3 comments:

Teresa said...

I love Gaura. Around here they call it "Twirling Butterflies" ... a pretty name for a pretty plant!

Joan said...

I can just imagine this plant in the breeze!!! Lovely job!!!

Teri said...

Isn't it horrible without the internet?! I am going to be reacquainted with that situation again here in Wisconsin. Lovely bunch here.