Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Spring Waters


Spring Waters
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

Busy times continue -- This sketch was done from a photo reference, and looks far brighter in person than on my screen this morning.

We missed getting out to the water this weekend, so I had to substitute a couple of reference photos to bring me to those quiet, serene waters ...

The JCC Earthfest is today, so we'll be sharing information about square foot and container gardens. We inspired several 'new growers' into trying lettuce and tomatoes in large pots .. so we hope to 'convert' a few others about the joy and ease of this type of gardening. More information, if you're interested, can be found here: www.johnstoncc.edu/arboretum.

Hope YOU have fun planting!!

5 comments:

Teresa said...

This is beautiful, Lin! Makes me want to sit by the little pool of water and daydream....

Joan said...

What a calm, relaxing scene!!! I could just sit there for hours. Very nice job!!!

Anonymous said...

So serene and cool (as in temperature!). I especially love how you did the water -- great job!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

So peaceful and serene, I feel relaxed just looking at it. Beautifully done.

Linda said...

Lin, this is really beautiful! I keep trying container gardening, but with very little luck. Maybe this will be my lucky year! :-)