Thursday, April 09, 2009

Wisteria Drapes


Wisteria Drapes
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

It's amazing to me how quickly our landscape is turning from winter bare to spring profusion! This is the view from the front of the Arboretum across the road to a small patch of trees and shrubs -- today covered in lavender and purple wisteria. The vines have formed a sea of low bushes, while the more adventuresome vines have begun taking over the trees to form purple draperies. If I squint my eyes, all I see is a curtain of purple and chartruse ....

It's raining as I am writing this. The temps are a bit cooler, and thankfully, C and I have been able to 'capture' Spot and Target for their appointment with the vet -- the last of the litter to be spayed.

The school closes at noon today for the Easter holiday. After a flurry of activity, the plant sale next week and other obligations each weekend until June, I think we're planning a quiet, restive weekend ... it'll be a welcome change!

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely and fascinating painting -- so soft and "drapey." Isn't nature incredible!!

Good luck with the kits and have a nice long, restful weekend.

Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

I love the spring greens and purples in this one!!! You make them look so soft!!! We are having a beautiful spring day today, and I'm going to see what signs of spring I can find outside to paint today. About the only color we seem to have is the yellow of the forsythia.

Bonny said...

Wisteria is one of my favourite flowers! I love the shades of lavender and purple in this painting.

Lovely!

Happy Easter!

Sandy said...

Oh I love wisteria - my DH severely pruned ours so I probably won't get blooms for years ;-(