Monday, June 22, 2009

Bills Challenge - Outside The Cottage

Daily Journal
Challenge

It was a quiet Father's Day yesterday - leaving me enough time to rest and to paint. I decided to give Bill's challenge a try (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorus_maver/3646005065/) since our next weekend is going to be rather busy.

This photo posed a number of challenges - lots of foreground detail, greens of all kinds, white flowers, the contrast of red poppies, and a low horizon line. I used several of my own poppy photos to vary and add to the flowers, some negative painting of the dasies, and masking fluid to get in the background trees - fun! Thanks once more, Bill!

I also tried uploading my husband's video -- after 8 hours I gave up, but will try again today from a better IT connection.

In the meantime, a friend sent a video clip she took of Charles and her husband while they were at Jam Camp:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WemLtQWHBJo

It'll be another busy week but one with a few out of the office kinds of things which helps break up the day!

Have a great one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it's gorgeous Lin!!! I love the poppies and especially against the greens. What a terrific painting.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing Charles in the video!! Isn't YouTube wonderful!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

It is so bright and beautiful Lin!!

Joan said...

Gorgeous landscape!!! Love the colors! I'll have to check out the video.

Teresa said...

LOVE THIS!! What wonderful, bright, RED poppies! Yummy!