Monday, June 22, 2009

Bills Challenge - Outside The Cottage

Daily Journal
Challenge

It was a quiet Father's Day yesterday - leaving me enough time to rest and to paint. I decided to give Bill's challenge a try (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorus_maver/3646005065/) since our next weekend is going to be rather busy.

This photo posed a number of challenges - lots of foreground detail, greens of all kinds, white flowers, the contrast of red poppies, and a low horizon line. I used several of my own poppy photos to vary and add to the flowers, some negative painting of the dasies, and masking fluid to get in the background trees - fun! Thanks once more, Bill!

I also tried uploading my husband's video -- after 8 hours I gave up, but will try again today from a better IT connection.

In the meantime, a friend sent a video clip she took of Charles and her husband while they were at Jam Camp:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WemLtQWHBJo

It'll be another busy week but one with a few out of the office kinds of things which helps break up the day!

Have a great one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it's gorgeous Lin!!! I love the poppies and especially against the greens. What a terrific painting.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

Loved seeing Charles in the video!! Isn't YouTube wonderful!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri C said...

It is so bright and beautiful Lin!!

Joan said...

Gorgeous landscape!!! Love the colors! I'll have to check out the video.

Teresa said...

LOVE THIS!! What wonderful, bright, RED poppies! Yummy!