Friday, June 12, 2009

Grapevines and Hay En Route to Venice

Travel Journal
En Route to Venice, Italy

I loved the traveling we did through such varied countryside during the trip. I found a setting on my camera that would capture fairly decent photos from the van window, and so each day I took several shots of the landscape we passed.

When we were heading to Venice, we moved through such varied scenery - wheat fields, olive groves, deep, rich woodlands and mountains, ravines, to more of the farming country that so closely resembled my own. Here, amid the backdrop of hazy mountains, hay bales and grapevines ...! I had to take a photo just to document this 'home' scene! And the funny thing -- when I got back to North Carolina and we were driving past the fields -- here too - hay -- rolled into bales and sitting, like these, in the field.

We lacked (and missed!), of course, those wonderful mountains ... sigh!

6 comments:

Karen Gladys Henry said...

love the wash of light! sorry i haven't visited you on Flickr. i'm resting my eyes ;))

Anonymous said...

Isn't it amazing how so many of different parts of the world resemble others. The hay bales remind me of VT, but with the Green Mountains in the background. Lovely, soft painting Lin.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Beautiful rich colors in this!!! It looks just like what you ride through in that area...one wonderful view after another. BELLA!!!

Carolina said...

Hi Lin!
I've seen you commenting on many blogs were I've been too, and that sparkled my curiosity to know you. I've been checking your blog, it is beautiful, I can't believe how you manage to have SO MANY GORGEOUS photos! You're a great photographer (and painter, of course :)
See you around!
Carolina

Teri said...

It is a lovely countryside and what great memories!

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Love this one. So warm. Beautiful.