Sunday, June 07, 2009

Wine Bottles and Flowers LaRomita

Travel Sketchbook
Plein Air
La Romita, Terni, Italy

Of course, I had to try to capture that magnificent courtyard garden!! I sketched this plein air while sitting in the courtyard and painted it plein air with finishing touches in the studio. It's a little lighter in person than scanned.

I just LOVE those old wine bottles!!! I believe they were specially made for La Romita.

Charles and I went to a small jazz festival yesterday. Oxford has built an amphitheatre at its new athletic park, and we spent several hours there yesterday walking the incredibly well-maintained trails, listening to music and enjoying the coolness of an overcast day. Mighty relaxing!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Beauteous! I am so enjoying all your photos from the trip.

Joan said...

Beautiful flowers and bottles...so Italy!!!

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Very lovely painting. I love the color palette and those flowers and leaves are magnificent.