Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Brambly Patch in the Snow

Daily Journal
Practice

It's been a busy time ... I got to SC in time to get some groceries and unpack the car before the slam of 6" of wet, heavy snow -- a most unusual, rare event for this part of SC! It was beautiful ... and I was glad to be with my dd as we nursed the baby through the worst of her sickness and distract Taylor.

Today, I worked with Riley while my dd and Taylor had a chance to play in the snow ..... Riley was able to hold down her food today -- yahoo ... and both she and Taylor took a much needed nap and my dd and I could catch up a bit.

We finally exchanged Christmas and birthday gifts ... and have a special dinner .. in between children, rockings, and 'let's play Nonna!"

The warm temps have toppled the snowman, and the steps and cars are clear for the most part.

It's been a good visit inspite of it all... and we have another day to perhaps, rest a bit.

I don't have much time on my dd's computer ... but I thank you all for your well wishes for my grands...

Stay safe -- and well!

4 comments:

Teri said...

A pretty snow scene and so happy the baby is getting better!!

Lorraine said...

What a gorgeous thicket -- love the contrast in colors and the light. Glad at least two of the "children" got to play in the snow. We had the same wet snow a couple days ago and it was so heavy the windshield wipers would not move it so my old out of shape arms had to do the work LOL.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful art with us every day.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Ooooooooooh! I love your shadows on the snow and the contrast of the colors!!! Beautiful job!!

Hope the wet snow was fun!

Teresa said...

Glad that things are going better. This is a lovely painting!