Wednesday, February 03, 2010

"A Little Piece of Heaven" Challenge

10" x 14"
Arches 140#CP

Bill's new challenge (http://www.flickr.com/photos/lorus_maver/4307538986/) offered us a chance to warm up with thoughts of spring and gardens overflowing with bright tulips - quite a difference from my view of slush and ice!

Some schools are reopening today -- including my college, so I'm off to brave the black ice and still remaining snow packs. C and I took the car late yesterday to view our neighborhood roads and quite truthfully, they were awful. Schools in my county are closed, while those further south (where I work) are open. This 100 mile difference often creates a dilemma for me in bad weather. I'm cutting the difference and attempting the roads once the sun is up. I have to teach today both curriculum classes and a public workshop that even as late as yesterday had folks trying to register. That's a good thing, and we'll sign them up for the second class we'll hold - but my gracious - from peaceful relaxing to marathon! LOL

Stay safe today.

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

WOW; that was a delightful surprise; like opening the curtains and finding that spring had arrived outside my window last night. The colors are just beautiful -- the tulips against the greens and oh those blue greens. The perspective is perfect. I feel like I'm standing right there looking out on the scene. Just incredible!
Hugs and stay safe and warm,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Ooooooooooooh!!! I love the look of this...so welcome right now! Lovely colors in the flowers and the greens of the trees and grasses. Stay safe!!!

Teresa said...

This is beautiful, Lin! Love the colors and the composition.

Sandy said...

Oh Lin I could sit and dream on this painting all day!!!

Teri said...

It is beauteous and springy Liin. WOW

Ivona Hrvatin said...

What a marvellous painting. You created space and depth perfectly and the tulips are delightful. Fantastic!