Friday, February 26, 2010

Our Hilltop Neighbor


Our Hilltop Neighbor
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

Though the crocus are poking out of the ground, and in some neighborhoods, daffodils are popping up as well, snow flew yesterday -- flurries only, no accumulation - but the blustery winds and frigid temps reminded us once more, winter isn't ready to depart.

This painting was done from photos I took during our previous snowfall. I stood on our road and looked across the fence and through the trees to capture a bit of the farmhouse.

Yesterday's snow was beautiful - if short lived. The days are slowly growing longer, and I am certain this summer when we slog through 90F heat and humidity, we'll miss the crispness of such clean, bright air.

Still, it seems to have been a mighty long winter!

Stay warm!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous, just simply gorgeous -- love the trees, the farmhouse tucked in the background, the snow and the snow shadows. Love all the colors playing off each other - sublime!!

We had a couple of inches of snow but had sun in the afternoon so it either melted or blew away! SUN today, but still very very cold. Still waiting for spring.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

It is a beautiful view. Your composition leads us right up to the house while enjoying the beautiful path.

WWendi said...

Hi Lin
Wow, this is so gorgeous! I LOVE the contrast of the green trees and the blue-ish/lavender-ish sunlit snow.
I just wanted to let you know that I am not ignoring you and will be replying to your last email, but not until after this weekend. :o) I will be away, and I want to give it proper attention when I return and not have to rush through it, lol.
:o) Wendi

Sandy said...

What a beautiful scene, so beautifully captured!