Saturday, September 12, 2009

Conch Shell


Conch Shell
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

I have yet to make it to the beach this year, and so I take pleasure in sandy, salty-air daydreams and photo references that remind me that the Atlantic Ocean is a mere 3 1/2 hours away! I thought I'd paint a last homage to summer, since today's temps are supposed to be near 90F and I'll be working outdoors for our college's Open House in celebration of our 40th Anniversary.

I'll be scarce today since the five hours of activities are non-stop -- afterwards, I'm heading home to enjoy a bit of the weekend. I'll try to catch up later tonight.

Meanwhile -- have a great day. The sun is supposed to be shining all day today! Vitamin D!

5 comments:

Teri said...

I love how you captured the beauty of the shell laying in the sand.

Connie said...

No beach for me this year either Lin, but your beautiful shell makes me want to put my toes in the sand right beside of it! You nailed this one! It looks like it just washed up.

Teresa said...

Lin, this is gorgeous! You did a fantastic job with the light.... the shell and sand have such warm, summery glow. Two thumbs up for you, my friend!

Don't wear yourself out today....

Joan said...

I'm glad you are having sunshine...we've had rain since yesterday. This is GORGEOUS! I just love the inside colors of the conch shell and your sand came out perfectly. You may not have been to the beach this summer, but you can never tell from this painting.

Anonymous said...

The shell is gorgeous Lin but oh the way you made the sand look so 3-D and real -- a beautiful painting all in all.

Hope your day is a success and you get some much needed rest the rest of the weekend.
Hugs,
Lorraine