Friday, December 11, 2009

Wintry Morning


Wintry Morning
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

As I drove to work early yesterday morning, I was struck by the blue cast of the landscape - from the sky to the fields to the trees themselves, everything seemed to be a shade and tone of blue. I tried to memorize what I was seeing during the two hour drive ..

The 'blue' stuck with me... and after working another two hour trip home and my visit with Mike, I tried to recall that 'blue' morning before the sun came up....

In my drive, there was no snow ... just wet fields and hazy blue trees ... but the lateness of the hour and my own fatigue somehow produced snow with the blue .. so I left the painting .. partly from memory, partly from imagination.

Mike's recovery is going well. I was able to get to the hospital early enough to help him take his first walk and watch him eat his first bowl of soup ... so again, thank you for your continued prayers and good wishes.

I've a few things to get done before returning to the hospital ...so I'm off to get an early start on another too-busy day ...

Stay well!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness Lin this is drop dead gorgeous -- perfect in every detail. I love it. What a terrific talented person you are!!!

So glad you are able to spend time with Mike and that he is coming along well.

Stay warm and safe.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

This is so beautiful it 'almost' makes me miss snow!

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Hello dearest Lin,

quite some time since my last stop...
How are you doing? So glad to read that Mike's second surgery went well!!! I wish and pray for a great and soon recovery!!

I'm looking at your daily posts over the last period right now... Fantastic work!! The landscapes, the flowers, everything is amazing! Today's painting is incredible, it looks nearly glacial, such is the cold atmosphere you've created.

I think I have a new favourite of yours... it's "Fall pond" from 18. November. Simply perfect!!

A big hug, Jona

Joan said...

Looking at this all I can say is BRRRRRRRRRR!!! Lovely job on the blues of the sky and landscape...very frosty!!