Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Inspired by Azalea and Iris Medley

Daily Practice
Journal

When I got to my friend's last night, she had arranged a gorgeous bouquet of spring flowers - with bright iris and azalea, I sat before the flowers and did a more controlled 'splatter and splash' so that the form of the flowers could be recogized and yet the painting kept some of its looseness. It was fun .. though not 'quite' as spontaneous as splattering and 'finding' all flowers ...

Another intense day - oral history interviews, putting plants out in the garden, meetings ... I'm afraid it's going to be like that until the end of next weekend ... so I"ll do my best to catch up with everyone as time permit.

Hope your day is great!

3 comments:

Teri said...

Beauteous!! Love these bright happy colors.

Sandy said...

Oh I love this bouquet, can't wait for mine to bloom!

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous colors, especially together. And what a lovely experience picking out the names of the flowers -- loose yet recognizable. Perfect!
Hugs,
Lorraine