Friday, April 09, 2010

Spring Circles and Squares


Spring Circles and Squares
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal

Sometimes the meditative rendering of lost and found edges becomes a more subtle exercise in color and softness. If I look quickly at this, I almost miss the squares and definitely miss the circles ...but like meditation, the more I look, the more I see -- do you?

We had our rain last night -- but the severe storms promised never seemed to materialize ..... still the cooler weather (60s!!) is here and the air seems much cleaner.

Lots of chores to do today, some remaining work from the college - but I hope to see my art table for a while.

Have a great day!

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Yes, I definitely see the squares and finally the circles. This is such an interesting painting to study Lin. I love it! I am so enthralled with your experiments!!

We too had our rain and then very cool temps yesterday but at least it settled the pollen for a bit. Whew; it's been a pollen kind of spring!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Such beautiful colors! Yes, I see circles and square.

Cori Lynn Berg said...

Lin you've inspired me with this disappering shapes. I played with the idea of seeing through things this week on a number of my paintings... using lines over blocks of color.. Very different effect in layered acrylic...Love the colors in this piece.

Joan said...

Lovely colors and hidden shapes!!!

I'm enjoying the sun and warmth in Georgia. We hit some rain storms on the way, but the forecast is for nice weather while we are here. I did get to plein air paint a bit today, and even figured out to upload the painting on my brother's computer. It took us almost an hour to figure it out. lol