Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Sunflower Bouquet - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORIS!

15" x 22" Watercolor
Arches 140#CP

A JOYOUS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY FRIEND, DORIS! MAY IT BE ONE OF THE BEST BIRTHDAYS!!

It's been a good visit with Mom and my sisters. The weather, though hot, has still given us an off-shore breeze that has made sitting oudoors utterly delightful!! I have not been able to spend THIS much time outside since May!!!!

It's been relaxing, and I've even managed to get in a few long walks and some paintings. Mom, thank heavens, is doing so much better--even getting around a bit spritely despite her hip replacement and illness over the holidays. We're all exceedingly grateful!

This sunflower bouquet was painted from the sunflowers C and I bought at the Farmer's Market last week. I painted it just before my visit to see Mom. What I loved about this particular sunflower bundle was all the various shades of gold to deep russet to yellow to almost orange. I didn't match the colors exactly in this painting, as the dark russet of some of the sunflowers was almost mahogony ... too dark for a painting I thought -- and so I decided to emphasize the reds of the russet colorations and use it to remember Doris' special day!


Sunflowers are mighty cheerful aren't they?! I hope they bring joy and best wishes!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORIS!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous and I love the way you placed them. And oh the variety of colors, the details, all perfection. I've never seen this variety of colors in Sunflowers before.

Doris should be very happy with her birthday bouquet.

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Wow! So GORGEOUS!!!!!

Joan Tavolott said...

Nice vibrant colors! You did a great job! Enjoy!!