Saturday, May 15, 2021

Travel Journal - Poinsett State Park, South Carolina



After a monthlong roadtrip thru South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee, Virginia and North Carolina, there is much to catch-up on. I'll begin uploading some of my journal sketches -- it may take a bit of time as there is more to sketch and add. Had a great trip -- weather was perfect - only 3 days of rain thru the entire trip -- needed rest days to be sure.

We started our trip at Poinsett State Park in South Carolina. I had visited this park with my children ages ago -- and my return visit was just as terrific --save for the gnats!!! Mercy, they were relentless!! Fortunately, our early morning hikes had fewer gnats on the trails ---

I followed Liz Steel's suggestion for adding maps to our journals - so this part of our trip was mostly sketches of our trails and some of the many wildflowers we found ...


 

No comments: