Friday, July 28, 2006

My Sis



It was a productive day -- got laundry done, crafted some soap, sketched, made some banana pudding to suprise my husband, and worked on my sister's surprise birthday album. Her 50th birthday is in August, and I wanted to do something special for her -- so I've gone through the photos I have of her -- from babyhood until adult -- and worked on her birthday album.

When C got home, he encouraged me to attempt a sketch of her as a gift. I thought I'd fall on the floor laughing! But, he was serious, and so, I put pencil and watercolor to paper ... and while it isn't all I wish it was ... it sure is a lot better than I could have done last year! My other sister said it was unrecognizable -- SIGH ... but I was fairly pleased and realize I have far, far to go.

There'll be more practice in my journals!!! LOL I think I'll attempt an adult portrait and see if going at this again can get me closer -- at least to recognizable!

Viva the PRACTICE!! LOL

2 comments:

Terri said...

Lin I think this is a stirling effort and your sister will be thrilled with it. :o)

Marilyn said...

You did a great job on this. It's a tough assignment.