Friday, July 14, 2006

A Quiet Morning


Soft breezes with high humidity, the shade of the porch balmy, fresh scent of warming flowers and their perfume, I bring some figs outdoors to sketch. In between glazes, I start the preparations for fig jam.

As the day grows into its scorching afternoon lethagy, I finish my sketch and return to the air conditioning and a kitchen I'll heat up with boiling jam. Still, after such a long, late, busy week, this quiet moring with time to sit, sketch, share a recipe with my daughter, and relax, is a gift of grace -- deeply appreciated and gratefully relished -- along with the cut figs of my sketch!

5 comments:

Teri said...

Did you hear me sigh Lin? Your words described such a tranquilt scene. And I love the sketch!!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry, Miss Lin...you DO have a way with words as well as with art. I'm certainly not surprised you're a writer...

Eva said...

Lin, your talents never cease to amaze me! Thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Softly (and beautifully) rendered figs to go with the soft breezes.

Anastasia said...

oh yum!! i love figs - perfect breakfast teamed with soft cheese and bread. Great illustration!