Saturday, February 23, 2008

fog in the forest


fog in the forest
Originally uploaded by linfrye
It rained yesterday!! YEAH!! It was cold and foggy -- but we again, were so gratful for the rain!

I'm dashing off to work today -- and mercy am I exhausted! We've had computer problems for the last two weeks. Last night, a friend of my son's spent over eight hours restoring my computer to its original state, so it was after 2 am when I finally fell into bed. When I return from work this afternoon, I'll continuing updating, restoring lost programs, and getting the computer back to my favorite views and working methods ... so I'll be back as soon as I can!

13 comments:

Sherry Pierce Thurner said...

Oh boy, that sounds terrible. I hope your tech problems are resolved soon.

Lorraine said...

Oh this is just gorgeous Lin.
I've always loved the mist and fog in watercolors but could never achieve it. And of course, along with my favorite trees, evergreens, it's perfect!

Hugs,
Lorraine

Anonymous said...

You are beating nature on this. The fog and trees look perfect.

Claudia said...

Wonderful, Lin! (Not your computer problems, I'm referring to your painting!)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful painting - the fog is perfect!
Shirley

Joan said...

Sorry to hear about your computer problems! This is gorgeous!!! You did the mist and the trees so well.

Teri said...

Absolutely gorgeous Lin!!! Nothing worse than having your computer off in the fog though :)

pedalpower said...

This painting is amazing! You are really rockin those paints my dear!

Tami said...

Gosh Lin, this is so beautifully done! Just a perfect job of fading out the trees into the fog!

Sorry to hear about your computer and that you need to go into work again today. Good to hear about the moisture though!

Vhrsti said...

Brilliant, Lin!!! Much better than soever photo!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I've not been able to keep up with the EDM'ers as much as I'd like but this blew me away. What a wonderful mood you have created with this one Lin.

Carole said...

Wow! This fog painting is stunningly good. It's like being there - very atmospheric. So glad to hear you've had some rain. Hope you've resolved your computer problems.

Anonymous said...

It's nearly one in the morning and I was heading off to bed but couldn't resist a quick glance at what you've been up to. This is absolutely incredible! Your mastery of watercolor, especially fog and glowing light through the trees, is just astounding!