Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Watercolor Pencil Rose


Watercolor Pencil Rose
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I'm participating in Kate Johnson's Watercolor Pencil class (http://cathyjohnson.info/) and thought I'd try redoing yesterday's rose in watercolor pencil. I'm new to this medium and hope to use the wc pencils in some mixed media kinds of applications ...I certainly felt like I had more control over the FORM of the rose and some of the shading ....very interesting -- and I'm looking forward to seeing what else I can learn about the medium!

9 comments:

Joan said...

Linn, Thanks for the link to Ronell's blog. I enjoyed seeing what she was doing. Both of your roses came out really good. I think I like the first one you did better...it's a little looser. The wc pencils did give your petals a bit more structure. Keep experimenting. I enjoy watching.

mARTa said...

Both lovely but I too prefer the first one. It is very helpful to see how others work and I know I learn a lot by looking at the approaches of other artisits. The color of this rose is just lovely!

Sandy said...

Again a lovely rose Lin, it is most interessting to see the differences and I hope you post LOTS from your lessons!

Teri said...

It's a great rose Lin. It will be interesting to see where you go with these pencils.

Linda said...

Lovely! I find WC pencils are very difficult to use -- you seem to be closing in quickly on mastery!

Anonymous said...

I started using WC pencils recently. I find it easier to blend colors with them. Your rose is lovely - the colors are very vibrant.

Lorraine said...

Very nice. I especially like the shading on this one.
You amaze me with the way you can switch styles and forms and still do a terrific job!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Emma Pod said...

Both of your yellow roses are beautiful Lin! You're doing such nice work! It sounds like your class will be great fun.

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Again a beautiful one. Really like how you draw and paint roses.