Saturday, March 22, 2008
I took this page from my Raffine sketchbook. Since the paper is 100# and not watercolor, I wasn't sure how it might do. I filled a basin with water, submerged the paper, and using a sponge, gently removed the paint. As Keith said, I was left with a faint image.
While it was still wet, I added the sky, some of the mountains and a bit of foreground. When dry, I redid the trees and shrubs.
I like the lighter tones in this, though I lost a bit of the original tree types (my haste, I'm afraid!) ....still, it was an interesting experiment and one I'll use again.
Thanks so much, Keith for the smart suggestion!!!