Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Goldenrod Landscape


Goldenrod Landscape
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Sunday afternoon after all the preserving and drying and canning and packing up for the week, my husband and I went for a walk around our neighborhood. It struck me how beautiful the goldenrod seemed to glow despite the intense hot temperatures, and I snapped a few photographs to use for my daily practice while away from home.

This view looks through the trees into a field of my neighbors and ususally houses a small herd of cows. On this hot, sweltering evening, though, the cows apparently found a shadier place to graze or rest.

Work remains insanely busy with meetings, reports and too much computer work. My eyes are getting so tired at night lately .. still, I was glad to have a peaceful evening last night and enough energy to be able to continue my daily practice. Temps are supposed to reach over 100F today ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how this reminds me of Vermont, walking out into a pasture on a sunny summer afternoon. Your colors are magnificent -- the greens and yellows are just right. What a serene scene -- takes one's mind off the heat!!!
Hugs and go easy this week.
Lorraine

Claudia said...

V e r y beautiful, Lin! And you captured the plants so very nice!

Deb said...

This is truly beautiful, Lin!
Hope your week goes smoothly.

Teri said...

I love how you always have the light flowing into your landscapes. Just beautiful!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Beautiful, Lin
hugs, chris

Joan said...

What a welcoming spot!!! I just want to walk right through there into the field! I've missed being able to check in often while I was away.