Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Goldenrod Landscape

Goldenrod Landscape
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Sunday afternoon after all the preserving and drying and canning and packing up for the week, my husband and I went for a walk around our neighborhood. It struck me how beautiful the goldenrod seemed to glow despite the intense hot temperatures, and I snapped a few photographs to use for my daily practice while away from home.

This view looks through the trees into a field of my neighbors and ususally houses a small herd of cows. On this hot, sweltering evening, though, the cows apparently found a shadier place to graze or rest.

Work remains insanely busy with meetings, reports and too much computer work. My eyes are getting so tired at night lately .. still, I was glad to have a peaceful evening last night and enough energy to be able to continue my daily practice. Temps are supposed to reach over 100F today ...


Anonymous said...

Oh how this reminds me of Vermont, walking out into a pasture on a sunny summer afternoon. Your colors are magnificent -- the greens and yellows are just right. What a serene scene -- takes one's mind off the heat!!!
Hugs and go easy this week.

Claudia said...

V e r y beautiful, Lin! And you captured the plants so very nice!

Deb said...

This is truly beautiful, Lin!
Hope your week goes smoothly.

Teri C said...

I love how you always have the light flowing into your landscapes. Just beautiful!

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

Beautiful, Lin
hugs, chris

Joan said...

What a welcoming spot!!! I just want to walk right through there into the field! I've missed being able to check in often while I was away.