Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rebecca's Ichibon Eggplants


Rebecca's Ichibon Eggplants
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

Nope, not snakes, not apostrophes, not beached whales --- merely three Ichibon eggplants Rebecca had lying on her kitchen counter last night ... and my feeble attempts to capture their deep, lustrious colors after a 12 hour workday ...

Things are slowing down somewhat -- at least in intensity, so perhaps tonight I'll be able to do better justice to my sketch topic! LOL Meanwhile, I"m thinking Eggplant Parmesan would be a fitting end to these poor things ...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL. I bought on yesterday at the Farmers Market but they had short fat ones and tiny ones -- smallest I've ever seen! Wow; painting after a 12 hour day -- now that is dedication to practice. You are incredible my friend!!!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Jenny said...

A 12-hour day would land me in ga-ga land ... or is that where I am 12 hours a day?

Beautiful eggplants! Any excuse to play with purples is a great excuse!

Joan said...

Great darks in the eggplants. I love how you did that front one with the blemish. Super!!

Teri said...

Beautiful eggplants but I agree, the color is so difficult to replicate. You did good Lin!

Deb said...

Oh man....when I clicked on to your blog....I thought they were leaches!

Can you tell I don't do eggplant??? lol

Marian Fortunati said...

Although the eggplants in your painting are WONDERFUL, there couldn't be a better end than eggplant parmigiana!! Delish!!

Love your sketches... I don't know how you do it after a full + day of work, however.