Sunday, August 03, 2008

Ridgeway Cantaloupes


Ridgeway Cantaloupes
Originally uploaded by linfrye
A super-super busy day yesterday, and this morning, I'm sore and so tired my early cup of java can't seem to get my eyes open wide enough...!

We spent the day running errands--Farmer's Market, home improvement shops for our huge paint project, running 30 miles in the opposite direction to pick up C's repaired car. Then home to put up preserves, make tarts, dry tomatoes, etc. etc. Sketch time was nominal and late.

I sketched this cantaloupe, the last of the ones we bought at the festival, still as sweet as those we've been eating for the last week or so. The preserves I rendered from those have been sealed and labled and ready for holiday gift giving.

Once my coffee kicks in this morning, I'm anxious to get back into the relaxed meditation painting and sketching brings, especially after such a chore-filled yesterday.

3 comments:

Laura Frankstone said...

Yes, DO relax, cara! You do more than any three other people. Lovely cantaloupe sketch. We got a beautiful yellow green melon at our market yesterday---it smelled like cardamom! Can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

Whew; you deserve several days of restful painting! Love the cantaloupe and with your description I can almost taste it. I took care of a friend's cat last week and she brought us peaches from NC!! SO sweet and juicy. Luscious.
Hugs,
Lorraine

caseytoussaint said...

Congratulations for getting any work done at all on a day like that! This is beautiful - I can almost taste the cantaloupe.