Monday, August 11, 2008

Roses in Shadow


Roses in Shadow
Originally uploaded by linfrye
I worked from a not-too distinct photo to do these roses, and tried to vary the shadows for more depth -- but quite honestly, I'm not sure the shadows are correct -- so I'd love any input, please. There are times I think they're 'right' -- other times -- no ... so I'm posting with questions! LOL Thanks, truly ...!

We spent a good amount of time this weekend deconstructing the downstairs -- frankly it looks like we're moving -- boxes everywhere, stuff piled in the middle of the floor, lots of books to sell and give away -- all for the painters who come in this week. I don't look forward to the work involved restoring it all to order -- but it will be so good to refresh the house!! LOL

Off to a busy week with registration, meetings and all the preparations for students' return.

I"m tired already!! LOL

9 comments:

Laura Frankstone said...

These have great form and depth, Lin. I'm not sure about the shadows---you'd have to have multiple sources of light for the shadows you've rendered to be realistic, but it doesn't make one iota of difference to this viewer and, I'm sure, to most! Good luck as you get ready for the onslaught ;D.

Nancy Van Blaricom said...

Its lovely, soft and beautifully rendered. Sometimes a little darker shadow is more realistic, but I'm not sure your painting needs this. It's perfect!

Teri said...

Shadows or not, it is just beautiful!!!

Joan said...

LOOKS PERFECT TO ME!!! Love the soft colors in the roses and the vase.

Evidence of an Artistic Life said...

very beautiful
hugs, chris

Deb said...

It's stunning, Lin! Soft and romantic.

mARTa said...

oh beautiful Lin!

Clare said...

Beautiful Lin!!!!

Ivona Hrvatin said...

Very very nice colours...