Thursday, August 07, 2008

Window Box with White Petunia

Several weeks ago, my friend Shirley offered me some of her Italy travel photos to paint --- and I've finally painted another one! (Life does have a way of interferring, doesn't it! LOL)

This one is from Venice I believe, and I fell in love with the limited palette and brick and grillwork. Thank YOU again, Shirley!

I've got to hunker down for several time and mind consuming writing projects today ... and I'm hoping for rain to help keep me in my computer chair to 'get them done!'

Have a good one!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is just lovely. I especially like the detail on the flowers and the way you did the windows. Makes the window and house so inviting -- you just want to walk up to the door and walk in!

Good luck with your projects and with the rain!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teresa said...

I love your window box series... so cheerful and homey!

Teri said...

Beautious! I know if it is from Italy you will find it.

Isn't it great to have such great internet friends!

Rita said...

I love your window paintings. Looks European--lovely! :)

Joan said...

Lin, WONDERFULL!!!! Great job on the brickwork and the window with the flowers. It makes me ache for Italy!!!

Anonymous said...

As fabulous as always! I'm so glad that the photos inspire you.