Thursday, August 21, 2008

Yellow Roses


Yellow Roses
Originally uploaded by linfrye
As much as I love paper -- especially watercolor paper! LOL, it astonishes me how much paperwork is involved to complete everyday work obligations -- sigh.... the thought that we may one day be a 'paperless' society is so far from reality -- it makes me chuckle. And so I plow, hour after hour, through growing stacks of the stuff ... wishing I could use my paints on it instead of my pen ...

These roses are from a photograph ... I seem to be drawn to vases and flowers of all sorts, and I've had the reference photo for months. It's overcast this morning, though we have yet to have any rain from Tropical Depression Fay, and I find the blossoms cheerful on a dreary morning....

My prayers are with the folks in Florida and the flooding caused by Fay ... be safe, all ...

5 comments:

Teri said...

I think it is the season to paint flowers Lin as I am in the same mood. Been trying to figure out how to work flowers into my Animal Wednesday :)

This is a beautiful vase of beauiful roses!

Joan said...

I love the colors in these flowers!!!! Well done!! I think the more they say we're going "paperless" the more paper we seem to be using.

Deb said...

So lovely...elegant.

I don't think we're gonna get any of that much needed rain, either.

Anonymous said...

Oh the detail on you roses is magnificent -- and that intricate vase -- just gorgeous and so well done. BRAVO!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Carole said...

I think I must have missed this! These roses are so delicately done, and form a pleasing contrast with the solidity of the vase. Very beautifully done.