Friday, January 09, 2009

Tagged - 16 Things - Me in 1969

1. Here I am in 1969, newly married, sitting in our apartment in Bad Windsheim, Germany, my first trip overseas, and a yearlong stay that would forever shape my life

2. I have always loved the woodlands, and after living outside the Black Forest, in a small, rural, cobble-stoned, BEAUTIFUL, village in Germany, decided, that rural living was where my heart resided

3. I worked for several years in New York City for an leading advertising agency

4. I once applied for a job at Mad Magazine - but didn't get it because at that time they only hired males

5. I've written a book on Ferns, and had many articles and poetry published

6. I was invited to read my poetry at a poety reading

7. I am a trained ethnobotanist (someone who studies people/plant relationships)

8.My dh does most of the cooking

9. I LOVE fruit and cookies and anything sweet

10. I prefer doing to watching

11. I value creativity and kindness above all other virtues

12. I have been learning from books most of my life

13. I think books are an incredible gift and have a small library

14. I LOVE learning - and have enjoyed crochet, cross-stitch, crewel, sewing, soap-crafting (still do that), collage, needlework, and the like

15. I have written all my life

16. I believe life is an incredible blessing and tend to live, work, and play with intensity .....

And that's probably more than you ever wanted to know!! LOL


Lisa at Greenbow said...

Wow, you are a most interesting, busy lady.

I love ferns. What is the name of your fern book? I wonder if I have it. I am sure if I don't have it I need it. :)

Teresa said...

I already knew quite a few of these things from our oh-so-fun meeting a couple of months ago, but did not know about living in a quaint, cobblestone village just outside the Black Forest.... sigh... lucky you! :-) Of all the people I know, if anyone knows how to live well, it's you.

Teri C said...

I am still learning about you and yet, these things are you. And gosh, you haven't changed at all.

Robyn said...

Lin, I read this with jaw on the ground. I can't believe they missed out on you at Mad magazine.


Joan said...

Lin - I guess that first trip helped inspire your love of nature...lucky for us! Fun things to learn about you!

squawmama said...

Hello my dear friend... You were very cute in 69'... I have been missing but now I am back... Bad internet where I was in North Florida... but now we have moved and it is better... Love all you statements on you tag... It is always fun getting to know our friends a little better... Have a fun day


mARTa said...

And I think you are swell!

Spinneretta said...

I just awarded you with the One Lovely Blog award- which is definitely deserved!
You can get the details at my post here:


Gail said...

Hey Lin,
Looking at your photo I think those curtains are very in right now...hard to believe that was 1969
take care

Linda said...

Mad Magazine passed you up? What were they, mad?
;-D What an interesting list! I love it!

Laureline said...

Well, YOU are the epitome of kindness and creativity! You were so lovely in 1969---and you still are. Happy new year, dear Lin.