Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dreaming of Roadsides


Dreaming of Roadsides
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice

A good day yesterday -- busy, but without the intensity that makes one frazzled -- thank heavens!

This sketch began with a photo reference of rocks, then became motified as I focused on the trees ...does that ever happen to you? I abandoned the reference and even my own ideas, and let the 'sketch' lead where I was going ...... a different process for me ... with the 'control' I try to have pretty much out of the picture ....

This morning I can see some additions I could make, but I think I'll leave it as it is to remind me of last evening's PROCESS ... something to think about ....

We're in for a large cold snap and a bit of rain today. No snow in the forecast, and when I reached the B&B last night, I found a tulip in full bloom at Rebecca's ... I hope she remembers to cover it tonight!

6 comments:

Teri said...

Actually I kind of like it when my artistic brain takes over and goes where it wants lol

This is so lovely and peaceful!

Robyn Sinclair said...

Fantastic bark texture on that front tree, Lin. It sounds like you had a wonderful experience painting this one. I think I've had it drawing but not painting.

Teresa said...

Lin, this is gorgeous... and so summery (why am I not surprised?!)

Have you seen the forecast for us later this week? Thursday night low of 16, Friday's high just above freezing, and Friday night low of 17! Yes! I'm in heaven! WOO HOO!!! Where's the snow??

Joan said...

Lin - Nice job on this. Glad you just went with it!!!

Sandy said...

The rocks ROCK and what a lively road side it is. Have another great day tomorrow!!

Dabs - Carol Holt said...

I love this Lin! So beautiful.... wonderful texture and color.