Friday, October 15, 2010

Autumn Dogwood


Autumn Dogwood
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

With the rain and cold nights we've had recently, brighter colors are finally touching our trees.....Still, the drought conditions of the last months seem to have left the leaves of this dogwood very tired as they hang from my tree.

When I got home last night I noticed more and more of our poplars and sycamores turning a richer gold instead of worn-out yellow, and many more of these same species are losing their leaves quickly in the brisk winds. Seems like fall is coming on strong ....

This weekend will be filled with wonderful festivals and I'll be offline for a large part of it as we take in the some of those celebrations.

I hope your weekend is grand and filled with color!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh your leaves are so perfectly shaped and so gloriously colored. WOW -- another favorite and I have so many already!!! Beautiful beautiful painting Lin. Enjoy your weekend.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

WOW!!!! This is gorgeous! You captured the beauty of the changing leaves perfectly! We don't have any great color up here yet. I'm still waiting. lol

Enjoy your day.

Teri said...

Such a beautiful arrangement of these gorgeous leaves.