Thursday, October 14, 2010

Twenty Minute Hibiscus


Twenty Minute Hibiscus
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

Our soap crafting workshop was a blast -- but I'm paying for it today -- so very tired. After a 16 hour day and a few hours sleep to begin it all again, the coffee in my cup JUST isn't strong enough! LOL I managed to sketch a bit during lunch yesterday -- but absolutely no time to apply paint.

This hibiscus was painted during a similiar busy time a few weeks ago when I had barely 30 minutes to paint. I didn't have time for a sketch so I went in directly with the paint (couldn't do that yesterday). I see things I'd definitely change if I repainted the flower -- but I post this today to remind myself that even in 20-30 minutes, the brush can be kept wet and moving -- and sometimes that's what's more important than the outcome.

We've Plant a Row for the Hungry volunteers this morning and a few more beds to install. Folks are returning for their now-hardened soap so it'll be a busy morning. We've all got our fingers crossed for rain, though ...we need it badly.

Hope you have a great day -- I"m keeping the coffee nearby! LOL

4 comments:

Sarika Alvekar said...

Love its looseness. Its beautiful.

Lorraine said...

You are amazing!!! And you make me feel like a wimp -- I give up so easily and just veg when I'm tired. Lovely painting Lin and I hope the coffee does the trick for you today -- a long hard day followed by an extremely long hard day and night -- whew!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Beautiful job on this!!! Sometimes all we need is a short amount of time to capture the beauty around us...and just with a brush.

I was already out painting this morning to finish something I started with my sketch group last night.
Hope the coffee keeps you moving!

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Lovely painting... you can't tell by looking at it that you whipped it out in record time... you're amazing.