Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Inspired by Crabapples


Inspired by Crabapples
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

This quick splash and splatter was inspired by a photo I took earlier this fall of our crabapple tree --- today, it's bare of both leaves and fruit ... one of the earliest trees to become bare on our property .... I know that the drought has contributed to this, but boy ...! I was hoping that the apples would have ripened before falling so I could make them into one of my husband's favorite jams -- but it wasn't to be this year.

We finished planting all 1,200 bulbs yesterday, and yes, I am a mighty tired lady today -- but the job is done and I can't wait until spring to see the colors!!!

Cool morning today -- with frost in our North Carolina mountains ....sweatshirt weather already!

I'm off to an early morning meeting -- hope your day is terrific!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Lovely colors. I really like the soft color of the leaves and the darker berries against them. So sad that you didn't have a crop.

Very cold and blustery here today but the sun has returned. YEAH! So much cheerier.

Glad all your bulbs are planted and that hopefully your sore muscles will get a rest today.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan said...

Lin - Bravo for the cabin in the woods on the masa paper!!! Wow! This is lovely too. I like how the dark berries stand out in that lovely color.

We are still having damp, drizzly weather which put an end to my painting with the plein air group this morning. lol Hope your day is great!

Teri said...

Wow, we were on the same page today! This is so beautiful