Friday, October 08, 2010

Mountain Sunset on Masa


Mountain Sunset on Masa
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP
Masa Paper

The mountains here have already had a frost or two and our temps have dipped into the 40s at night all last week, but this weekend we have another 'summer reprieve' as we're expecting temps in the mid 70s to 80sF! It should be one glorious weekend!

We're planning a somewhat quiet weekend with a visit with the grands and an arts an crafts festival nearby and perhaps a drive into the countryside ...

This painting was done mostly from imagination and an earlier wet-in-wet project I tried on watercolor paper. I wanted to change the colors and add the textures of masa so played with these methods last weekend.

I'm off to do chores and hope everyone has a terrific day!

5 comments:

Patti G. said...

This is beautiful Lin!!!!!
Love the foggy feel!
Glad your weather sounds lovely and you plan to have a gorgeous weekend with activities that will make you happy!
xoxoxoxo
Hugs,Patti

Elizabeth Golden said...

Lin this is beautiful. I saw this and was so attracted to it, then I looked to see who did it and low and behold it was my old Studio buddy. I do hope you and yours are doing well. It think of you often, Elizabeth

Joan said...

I LOVE this masa landscape. The crinkled texture is perfect for this. Great color and design.

I am up in Maine where it is nice and sunny and cool. It felt good to snuggle under blankets last night.

Have a great weekend.

Lorraine said...

Lovely colors and texture Lin. I love the deepness to the trees and foreground. I taught painting on Masa to my students at NAMI yesterday (among other paper decorating) and they loved it. We were just making backgrounds but one lady got started right away and made a lovely beach scene! So we can't cut that one up!
Hugs,
Lorraine

Unknown said...

Great job Lin! I took a Cheng Khee Chee workshop years ago where we learned this technique. You did really well with it. Hope all is good with you.