Saturday, October 09, 2010

Sweet Peas Challenge


Sweet Peas Challenge
Originally uploaded by linfrye
9" x 12"
Arches 140# CP

I finally have had a chance to work on this challenge offered by Kate several weeks ago (http://www.flickr.com/photos/katek28/4999300158/). I began it at my friend's home last week, did initial washes at the car dealer's while my car was being serviced (wonderful folks -- they even let me sit in an unoccupied office to work!! LOL) and then yesterday between chores ... Thank you, Kate!

I have a soap crafting class to teach next week, so I in between painting, laundry and other 'musts' I prepared soap samples for the group ... Today we're off to an arts festival...

The weather is splendid and temps are in the mid-70s, sunshine, and leaves changing colors. I LOVE fall!!

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh my goodness Lin -- this should be another offering at Zazzle and/or Red Bubble. I love it all -- the deep blue of the vase; the soft pale and darker pinks of the flowers, the incredible way you did the greenery and the background too. This is another winner. BRAVO!!

Have a wonderful time at the festival and enjoy the gorgeous fall weather and colors.

Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Gosh, that is a gorgeous blue and all around beautiful painting!