Saturday, October 30, 2010

View from my Window


View from my Window
Originally uploaded by linfrye
Daily Practice
Journal Size

Returning home this weekend was a 'north with the fall' kind of travel ...our cool/cold nights (in the 30s last night) and warm days,and bit of rain have havecombined to finally encourage the landscape colors to glow and brighten. Finally, more reds, oranges and pure gold!

I've been swamped with obligations this weekend and with an unexpected 'do it late today' kind of meeting, it meant cancelling my painting time with Jodi. I've had little free time to sit and paint. Still, as I tried to work thru some items on my computer while waiting for my husband to join me in our late afternoon appointment, I happened to glance out of the window to see my hickory trees ablaze in gold! I simplified all the foliage and elminated the competing pines and dogwood reds to highlight, focus (and rush thru! LOL) this painting. I also wanted to remember that color - I used almost every yellow and gold on my palette ... my trees in honey and gold.

Today promises another busy time ...and we'll be trick or treating with the grands tonight ... Some towns are celebrating Halloween tonight -- others tomorrow --- for me -- I'll think Halloween tomorrow -- maybe the trees will be orange by then! LOL

I hope your day is terrific ....!

1 comment:

Teri said...

Beautiful window view. I'm glad it was there for you.