Sunday, May 22, 2011

Beaches

Beaches  by linfrye
Beaches , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

Though Memorial Day (seemingly the start of summer) is yet a week away, this week's temperatures will move us from the milder 80s to the high humidity of North Carolina and heat in the 90s ... Yep, sure has me dreaming of languid days along the oceanfront, feet splashing water, seashells to explore, swaying beach grasses to hypnotize .... maybe THIS year I'll find a way to get there beyond my paintings! LOL

Yesterday's Art Festival was fun - though to me, not as crowded or sales-successful as last year. The music was a fabulous addition, there were food vendors, a jump station for the children, and a plethera of exhibitors. The Granville Arts Council did a fantastic job advertising the event and organizing it ...I suspect the fine weather (warm - in the 80s, mild breeze, sunny) was so perfect that folks might have been elsewhere, and there were several competing festivals going on. Still, the best part was meeting new folks.

My dear husband helped me set up - it took a while!!! LOL, and then performed with his 'jam' group to an appreciative audience. My kind and generous friend, Jodi, came out to keep me company during the lulls. She has finally posted some of her wonderful paintings (http://www.flickr.com/photos/23430605@N05/) - please stop by and wish her well!

And my biggest surprise was getting to meet David (http://www.flickr.com/photos/universalpops/), a flickr friend who seems to love the same kind of rural scenes I do . Since he lives across just over the Virginia line, he takes many beautiful photographs of my hometown and the rural areas between. Look at some of his latest captures -- really wonderful!

We got home around dinner time last night pretty tired. Today both C and I hope to REST, although I do hear a few plants outside calling my name for some attention.

Hope you have a great day! And thank you too for your continued voting!

PLEASE VOTE!
www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

2 comments:

Teri said...

Oh the colors in this are just gorgeous. I would love to take a walk on that beach.

Lorraine said...

Yes even fat ol' me would like to dip my toes in that water!! It went directly from a cold dreary rainy spring into hot humid summer here too - 85% but with lots of thunderstorms last night and today.

Your painting is so lovely and inviting and I do love the simplicity and realism -- something I still cannot achieve.

Glad you are resting today and that you had such good helpers yesterday!
Big hugs,
Lorraine