Sunday, May 15, 2011

Blanket Flowers and Daisies

Blanket Flowers and Daisies  by linfrye
Blanket Flowers and Daisies , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

I've watched my wild flower garden (wild in nature!!not necessarily in species!) come alive this spring as flower after flower has burst into splendid bloom. While Jodi and I sat on the porch this Friday to paint and enjoy the mild weather before the rain set in, I clipped several of the bright blanket flowers, and Jodi cut some daisies, and we put them together for a painting.

We sipped some coffee and nibbled on the strawberries my neighbor brought by, chatting and painting and surrounded by the now-grown kitties. Such a peaceful time --- it feels like it has been MONTHS since either of us have had a day like that.

This painting was a rascal to scan and/or photograph properly ... the yellow and red seemed to look 'dirty' on the screen for some reason -- please know it looks so much brighter in real life ...

My dear husband has been putting my display frame together and finally got it done last night --- it's a 10' x 10', multi-'walled', pvc pipe structure that can be broken down into portable pieces and put together like a puzzle to hold over 24 large paintings. He's amazing!!! Our test run for this structure is next Saturday - I'll post pictures once it's all together.

More rain today. I still have a few more plants that won't get in the sodden ground - but at least they're happy for the watering.

Have a restive Sunday!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Well regardless of your cranky scanner, the flowers are lovely. I've never heard of blanket flowers and I love the color combination. The daisies make a nice place for my eyes to rest and then back to the colorful daisies. As usual, I love the way the color trails away. Awesome technique.

I'm so glad you and Jody had not only time to paint but to enjoy strawberries and the cats while you did so!

Rain here for days; so tired of it again and more today. I shoulda been a fish!!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

You KNOW how much I LOVE these daisies!!! I am so happy to see them and blooming already..wow. Your day sounds perfect.

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Absolutely lovely. Well done Lin!