Friday, May 13, 2011

A Couple More Tulips

A Couple More Tulips by linfrye
A Couple More Tulips, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.


1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

I seem to be enamored with the parade of flowers that seem to be making an appearance these days. From photos on Flickr to the roadsides to the nurseries to so many gardens, including my own, flowers are the highlight of this time of year.

The flower farm yesterday was as delicious as a candy shop - hard to 'keep control' of what went into my 'purchase wagon' ... but I suppose taking a small car to a nursery also helps in the limiting factor! LOL Boy, do I have a lot of planting to do this weekend !!! LOL And we're to have a rainy one at that. I hope to get most of the plants in the ground so they can be watered in by Mother Nature. Lunch was fabulous too - a marvelous tour and trip!

My friend Jodi is coming this afternoon for a long-anticipated paint-in. My garden is abloom with so many painting opportunities -- IF the rain holds off. If not, we'll create a bouquet for painting practice.

There's also much to prepare for the artshow in 2 weeks ... so the weekend will be busy ...

Take care and find some flowers to enjoy!

2 comments:

Teri said...

Beautiful tulips Lin.

Lorraine said...

Oh I'm so glad this one finally posted. What gorgeous and realistic tulips and oh those colors. I have been struggling so much with drawing and shading a rose and am tiring of it but when I saw your beautiful tulips it has renewed my energy to try try again. This is just gorgeous and what wonderful detail.
Big Hugs,
Lorraine