Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Flowered Arbor

Flowered Arbor  by linfrye
Flowered Arbor , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Flowered arbors ... don't you love them?!!! My own small arbor, covered with Jessamine as finished blooming, but the arbors we visited last week at Montrose Gardens were covered with the most fragrant roses!!!

I was painting this yesterday - when the phone rang -- to my utter surprise on the other end of the phone - clear across the Atlantic - was my friend Doris - all the way from Germany!!! WHAT A THRILL! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/djr-aquarelle/4733289830/in/contacts/).

We chatted for a short while - and I am so grateful for her incredibly perfect English!!! The connection, truly, was far clearer than I often have when speaking across our community!!! LOL Her surprise absolutely made my day ... and I've been hearing her sweet voice all evening!! Now to hope to paint together one day soon!!

I've another busy week ahead of me with next year's budget, tours, lectures and workshops to finalize ... where does the time go?

I also want to send prayers for the latest victims of tornadoes in Missouri ... this year has been horrific with natural disasters ... over 100 people have lost their lives to another bout of tornado damage ... prayers indeed.

2 comments:

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Hi Lin,

This is absolutely beautiful. You are some talented lady. Bravo.

Joan

Joan Tavolott said...

This is so soft and graceful. I love flowers on arbors, and raced over to the Arboretum in Oakdale on Saturday to paint the wisteria before it was gone. I'll post the picture today. Enjoy!!