Tuesday, May 03, 2011

Hollyhocks

Hollyhocks by linfrye
Hollyhocks, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

I never could grow hollyhocks at home, though I really love them. By the time they were ready to bloom, the Japanese beetles would emerge and devour them to the ground ... so if I can't have them in the garden, I'll have them in paint! LOL

Weather is still warm though we've a cold front coming in tomorrow. We also have a trip planned, so hopefully, we'll avoid the predicted rain long enough for our tours ... fingers crossed.

Thanks to YOU, we've broken 1,000 votes!!!! BLESSINGS!! But we're still a long way off --- please continue your support! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh this is so glorious with color and detail Lin. I love love love the brilliant red against the lighter green and the way you have shaded the flowers. WOW -- even better than the real thing!! This should definitely go in a show and be for sale. I know lots of people will want to snap it up! BRAVO!!!

And I just "planted" vote 1045. Go go go.
Big hugs,
lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

Every time I see hollyhocks I think of Santa Fe and the sight of them near almost every peach colored adobe wall. This is beautiful!!!