Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Iceland Poppies

Iceland Poppies by linfrye
Iceland Poppies, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

This weekend my dh and I had the opportunity to visit our local farmer's market. Boy was it jammed with people!!! The displays of flowers, cheeses, strawberries, lettuces, crafts were festival-like in atmosphere -- what a treat!!!

On one particular table, a vendor had a bucket of these Iceland poppies!! I went crazy for them!!!! He graciously allowed me to photograph them for this painting ...

I'll be in an out most of today and tonight with more meetings. Rain is scheduled tomorrow and then a trip planned Thursday for our volunteers ... the week is flying by already ...

Have a great day!

PLEASE VOTE!
www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

4 comments:

Capt Elaine Magliacane said...

Beautiful Poppies Lin, I love the detail, and the variation of color you've use. Rain headed our way today.

Teri said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! My latest favorite of yours and that favorite pile is getting mighty big.

Lorraine said...

The painting of the poppies is gorgeous Lin but oh my, the background is stupendous and sets off the flowers beautifully. I would like to be in your head for just a few hours and be able to come up with the paintings you do. WOW.

I agree with Teri -- my favorites pile is also too big to handle!!

Pace yourself and I hope the weather holds for your activities/trip.
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

You make painting flowers looks so easy. This is really lovely. You captured those fragile petals so well. Bravo!!

Hope the day isn't too busy and that you get to paint. Enjoy!