Friday, May 27, 2011

Oxford Hay Season

Oxford Hay Season  by linfrye
Oxford Hay Season , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

It's haying season again - and as I always am when this happens - I am going crazy over the hay bales! This painting is a composition of images - the farm across from our home, haybales from another farm, and fences from yet another farm. Running chores yesterday, I followed two trucks filled with hay bales, and I passed field after field with hay being baled and hay ready for baling. Yep -- 'this the season!

It's Memorial Day weekend, and we've a lot planned so I may be scarce for a while. It's cooler this morning than yesterday, but oh, does it feel like rain! We should have a couple of sunny days nonetheless - and hot - I'll be watering my tomatoes for certain!

Have a great day!

6 comments:

Lorraine said...

Oh those gorgeous bales and in May!!! I well remember haying season in Vermont in July -- talk about hot.

Such a wonderful painting Lin. It should be donated to your local library to hang there for all the local citizens to enjoy. Of course it would be better if they bought it!!! It is such a perfect depiction of summer in your area. Love those full trees and bushes -- no doubt fueled by all the rain.

Have an enjoyable long weekend.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

Lovely!!! Nice shading on all those bales and good depth back to the building.

We have been having nice weather and I hope it continues through the weekend. My art group, the South Bay Art Association is having their reception tonight for the member's show which will run this weekend and next. Lots of art to see!!! Enjoy!!

Teri said...

Oh Lin, this osmjust gorgeous!

Teri said...

HOh Lin, this osmjust gorgeous!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Great painting Lin, love the colors and composition. Have a great weekend.

Timaree said...

Love this one.