Saturday, May 07, 2011

Pepper Pair

Pepper Pair by linfrye
Pepper Pair, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

1/8 Sheet
Arches 140#CP

Brrr.... for two days a cold front has given us rain and colder temps - highs in the 60s (after days in the 80s), which quickly faded so many of the tree blossoms that were still lingering. We warm up again this week so we'll get a chance to enjoy more floral displays.

We've planted peppers in the Plant a Row beds at the Arboretum, but I rarely grow any at home except for banana peppers -- how I wish I could eat them! I love peppers' senuous forms and colors, how they glow and crunch when raw .. but they never did agree with me ... guess I"ll enjoy them visually!

There's a new restaurant in Oxford - Harvest - that uses fresh, LOCAL ingredients from so many of the farms C and I frequent and support. We visited the restaurant last night -- OUTSTANDING - gourmet food from local foods - and no excess use of gasoline to drive somewhere for a special meal! They'll soon be adding local artwork to their walls -- so fingers crossed for another venue.

Speaking of venues, I have another display at my library where I work, and we've been preparing for an upcoming art festival in Granville County on May 21. I have two more shows after that ... it's been a busy spring!

We're off to the farmer's market this morning and to run a few errands. My son's wedding is coming up in six weeks too --

Hope your weekend is terrific!

PLEASE VOTE!
http://www.communitiestakeroot.com/Plant/Index/439?brand=0

4 comments:

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous colors and shapes Lin. They do indeed look sensuous. I love the red peppers,raw on salads, but, like you, the others don't agree with me so I have to avoid those.

Glad you found a delish restaurant with fresh produce nearby. I think with gas prices getting so high, it might be a boon for local small businesses once again. And perhaps once again neighbors and neighborhoods flourishing in many ways. And what better way than good food.

Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

Glad you can paint them so well even if you can't eat them!!!

We have sunshine and warm temps, so I've been able to do some plein air work finally.

Happy Mother's Day!

Teri said...

Oh wow, I love this Lin, the colors and splashing are just great.
Feels good to be back online and commenting on your beautiful photos.

Wandering Mist said...

Fantastic and simple at the same time. I landed here through flickr photos and love all your works. I look forward to seeing more of them. And I am happy to have chanced upon this.
Warm wishes and Seasons greetings to you.