Monday, May 30, 2011

Poppy Field

Poppy Field  by linfrye
Poppy Field , a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

Poppies in the field, or in this case, our visit to a Hillsborough Garden, seem so fitting on Memorial Day. Today we honor the men and women of our armed services, especially those who have passed. My father served in WW II, my husband in the US Navy, my son-in-law and the men of his family still serve in the National Guard - for these, and so many others, from the bottom of our hearts, we thank them - for keeping our country safe, strong, and free.

THANK YOU ............

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

What a beautiful painting Lin. I especially love the white among the red poppies. Your flower paintings get more and more beautiful. And what a lovely tribute.

I remember as a child in grade school, we were all given those little red paper poppies and we always went to the cemetery close to downtown and watched the parade and the honoring of the veterans on Memorial Day. I wonder if they still do that.
Hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Just simply gorgeous!!!