Friday, May 20, 2011

Spring on the Eno

Spring on the Eno by linfrye
Spring on the Eno, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

This painting is from my archives .... done early spring of this year following a long hike along the Eno River. When I finished the painting, I really didn't like it ... so I set it aside for a while ... and though I'm still not crazy about it, this morning it had a certain appeal, so I've decided to post it.

Yesterday was a blur of activity, and this weekend is going to fly by in a similiar fashion. I've a lot to squeeze in today, tomorow is the Arts Festival ... and my weeds are have a happy, happy time! LOL

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

3 comments:

Lorraine said...

Yum. Soft and lovely spring day on the Eno. The colors are so early spring like and the reflections on the water are gorgeous. Love it all.

The SUN is out. The temps are up. WHEW and WOW. So I'm off to lunch with a friend, stop by a used book store that's going out of business after many many years (sadly) and then on to Versailles for a quick art tour for their festival -- particularly to see mixed media encaustics -- last day for that.

Enjoy your weekend and the sun and worry about the weeks next weekend!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Joan Tavolott said...

This looks almost like it was painted on canvas. Nice spring look to this.

Good luck with the festival. You sound VERY busy! Enjoy!!

Teri said...

Oh it is a lovely and soft spring painting. Love those colors.