Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spring Park

Spring Park by linfrye
Spring Park, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" x 12"
Arches 140#CP

What a relaxing day we had yesterday! Before Jodi came by, I got most of my new plants in the ground. Then Jodi and I sat on the porch and painted flowers, talked, visited with my neighbor Tom, as he checked on the honey production of his bees, ate strawberries, and chatted! Wow, did we both need that kind of a restive day.

The rains and storms came during the night, waking me with claps of strong thunder -- but our plants have been thrilled with all the watering!

More rain expected today, and the yardwork is piling up ...still, next week is the artshow and we've a ton of things to get ready ...

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

3 comments:

Joan Tavolott said...

Your recent paintings are lovely, especially the tulips and primroses. It has been impossible to post on blogspot lately...don't know what was going on, but today it seems to be working.

We are in Ohio for a wedding and hopefully the rain will hold off for a while. I'm hoping to sneak out and paint something this morning. Have a great day!

Teri said...

I want to take a walk in that pretty spring park. So relaxing.

Lorraine said...

This painting is so soft and gentle and leads me right down that lane and into the park where I know a hammock awaits me and I can read and look up and around at your beautiful trees and foliage. I love the semi-abstract style Lin and the colors, especially those tiny flowers along the front and path. Oh to see the sun again!!
Big hugs,
Lorraine