Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Peach Tree Blossoms

My Peach Tree Blossoms by linfrye
My Peach Tree Blossoms, a photo by linfrye on Flickr.

9" X 12"
Arches 140#CP

I really LOVE this time of year! Each day another blossom breaks bud and a profusion of color literally POPS into being!

My peach tree has done that this week --- turned naked gray/brown stems and branches to bright pale pink, cotton-candy mounds of color! The bees are having a hayday... and the colors heighten my own spirits and brighten the still in-bud surroundings.

I did take a pair of pruning sheers to this tree over the weekend. The promised pruning made and forgotten years ago really haunted me, and so, after our class at the Arboretum last week, I gave the tree the shaping it has needed for too many seasons. It looks sooo much better. And though it means less fruit this year, it should mean a healthier plant for the future.

Here and there my dogwoods are also popping into blossom, and already my red verbena is showing new life.

I have to be diligent and keep my eyes and camera open these days or I'll miss another 'eye-popping' profusion!

Don't you just love the spring?!!!

6 comments:

maria said...

wieder so eine herrliche blütenkomposition - deine bilder haben eine gewaltige leuchtkraft lin, ich bin schwer begeistert
lieben gruß
maria

Lorraine said...

Oh this is so delicate and lovely Lin. The profusion of blooming is apparent here too and many pear trees have already lost their blossoms and are turning green.

I love the delicate details, the colors, and the bit of tree branch -- makes a nice contrast to the delicate blooms.

Yes, I have learned to love spring as much as I love fall!!
Big hugs,
Lorraine

Teri said...

Simply GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Joan Tavolott said...

Beautiful blossoms!!! I love this time of year when everything starts to bloom in a riot of color. Too bad it doesn't last longer.

We went from warm temps back to 30 degrees when I walked this morning. I hope it doesn't cause everything here to freeze! Have a great day!

Aquarell said...

Zart wie der Frühling;-))

Tom said...

Hello,
One year later, my peach tree is again alive:)